Your cart
Close Alternative Icon
THE SHOP IS TEMPORARILY CLOSED UNTIL 9/29/22 WHILE WE WORK ON SOME EXCITING NEW PRODUCTS FOR YOU! THE SHOP IS TEMPORARILY CLOSED UNTIL 9/29/22 WHILE WE WORK ON SOME EXCITING NEW PRODUCTS FOR YOU!
Down Arrow Icon
Cart Icon

BURNING INSTRUCTIONS & CANDLE CARE

YOU CAN GET MORE OUT OF YOUR CANDLE. HERE'S HOW!

When burning your candle for the first time, make sure to burn it long enough for the wax melt pool to fully reach the edge of the glass. This will help the wax burn down evenly for the life of the candle & extend the number of hours it will burn for.

Store in a cool area away from direct sunlight.

Always, always, always trim your wicks to 1/4" before burning. Did we say always? The excess wick should break off easily with your fingers, but beware of soot residue.

Don't burn your candle for more than 4 hours at a time.

   

CHEERS TO YOU - HERE'S HOW TO USE YOUR EMPTY CANDLE CONTAINER AS A COCKTAIL ROCKS GLASS

Who doesn't love a good upcycle!? Our 11 oz candle glasses can be reused as a container for any number of things, but our favorite is as a cocktail rocks glass. We're particularly keen on Old Fashioneds over here. Here's how to clean your glass:

1. Remove candle front label & warning label (yes, our labels are intentionally removable to make this process a cinch!)

2. Place used candle glass in an oven heated to 200 degrees for 30 minutes

3. Turn off oven and allow glasses to cool until they are safe to the touch, but the wax is still melted. This should take about an hour. If you feel it's needed, use heat protection.

4. Wipe out the excess wax with paper towel & discard

5. Wash thoroughly in warm, soapy water

6. Pour that drink, kick up your feet, and enjoy!

After the first clean, our glasses are dishwasher safe!

(This is the best way we've found to clean glasses easily, but if you find a better way, we'd love to hear it - email us hello@beatrixandco.com. We've also heard that popping your candle glass in the freezer overnight should allow the wax to pop out easily the next morning. We've found mixed success with that method, but consider giving it a try!)

   

FINALLY, A FEW FRIENDLY REMINDERS

Don't microwave your used candle to soften residual wax - wicks are secured with a metal tab. Have you ever accidentally microwaved a fork or a spoon? Let's just say sparks will fly.

Dispose of any excess melted wax in the garbage, not down the sink drain as it could cause future clogs.

Clean your candle glass thoroughly before putting through the dishwasher.

  

 

HAPPY BURNING, FOLKS

 

    

Other questions? Check out our FAQ page!